Friday, September 2, 2016

Mzungu movie reflection

Mzungu Reflection Questions
What stood out the most in this film?
I wasn't expecting the projects to develop as much. Mainly, the Come, Let's Dance group was continued into a big project. To be fair the guys were only there for 6 weeks and did also make an impact. I wasn't expecting Grace to pass away and that was hard to witness.
What inspired you in the film?
I was inspired by the resilience that the African people had acquired. I was already aware of the problems with American consumerism but this was afresh reminder that there is a great need for change, always, and I may not be able to do much, but to recognize that and make whatever efforts I can is important.
Would you pick up everything and leave if it meant you were going to be making a difference?
I think I would if I had a plan. I have a path so ingrained in me about what is important in life. College, nice things, nice reputation, etc. In reality these aspects of my future are so shallow. I would need to know that I could do more than my a presence, I would need to have work.

What changes do you wish to see in the world and what changes do you think are possible?
It seems so impossible but the western world needs to see it's privilege and recognize that there is more you can do than watch a movie and think about it. Everywhere, leadership needs to create a positive change. There are enough resources to spread to the world, we just need to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment